Gouverneur High School
Online Sports Sign-Ups
We are offering the convenience of online registration through Family ID.
Previously Registered Accounts
If you already have a FamilyID account Click Log In, do not sign up for a
Log in to you account that you previously sign up your child for an athletic sport.
If you cannot remember your account information, FamilyID support can help you with that. See
"Support" section below.
First Time Users
- Click Sign Up.
- Sign Up for your secure FamilyID account by entering the account owner first and
last names (parent/guardian), e-mail address and password.
- Select the agreement to the FamilyID Terms of Service and click sign up.
- You will receive an email with a link to activate your new account. (If you don’t
see the email, check your e-mail filters... spam, junk, etc).
- Click on the link in your activation E-mail, which will log you in to FamilyID.com.
Registering for a Sport
- Once in the registration form, complete the information requested. All fields with
a red * are required to have an answer.
- Click the Save & Continue button when your form is complete.
- Review your registration summary.
- Click the green Submit button. After selecting ‘Submit’, the registration will be
You must complete this step or your registration will not be
- You will receive a completion email from FamilyID confirming your registration.
At any time, you may log in at www.familyid.com to update your information and to check
your registration(s). To view a completed registration, select the 'Registration' tab
on the blue bar.
Family ID offers support 7 days per week and will return messages promptly.
If you need assistance with registration, contact FamilyID at:
1-888-800-5583 x 1
Philosophy of Athletics
The athletic program is considered an integral part of the total education process, and
to insure this, it is based on sound educational principles. Athletics is an outgrowth of
the Physical Education Program. Through participation in physical education, intramurals
and athletics, students are offered an opportunity to develop physically, mentally and
socially. Athletics allow those students who have demonstrated a need for further development
the opportunity to participate on a higher level. To ensure athletics place in the
total education process, the programs must follow the same goals and objectives that
govern the Physical Education Program here at Gouverneur.
Program Goals and Wildcat Philosophy
- To further develop the potential that is within each individual.
- To teach students habits of health and safety.
- To teach new skills and offer opportunities to improve those we have.
- To provide opportunities for lasting friendships, both with teammates and opponents.
- To provide opportunity to exemplify and observe good sportsmanship, which is good citizenship.
- To teach that a penalty follows the violation of a rule.
- To meet the urge for competition.
- To provide “whole school” interest and activity, by involving other students along with athletes.
- To give students an early understanding that participation in athletics is a privilege, carrying a variety of
- To have fun and be the best that you can be both on and off the field!